The Sprinkler Inspection Technician is responsible for providing inspection, testing and preventive maintenance service for fire sprinkler equipment to comply with NFPA 25 Standards. This position is based in West Chester.
Senior Division Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut, thread, groove and solder pipe
- Ability to determine correct sizes of pipe and other materials for job.
- Assemble and install a variety of metal and non-metal pipes, tubes and fittings to include but not limited to iron, steel, copper and plastic
- Connect pipes using threaded, soldered, grooved or cemented joints Secure pipes to structure with brackets, clamps and hangers
- Weld pipe supports to structural steel
- Operate machinery to verify repairs
- Ability to read and decipher blueprints
- Working knowledge of wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, water mist, foam, and glycol systems
- Work in compliance with the company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- Maintain company vehicles and appropriate inventory levels for jobs
- Comfortable with heights and working on ladders or lifts
- Ability to read and comprehend appropriate NFPA 25, 20, 17, and 13 standards.
- Ability to work in confined space and high lifts
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays, over time and quarterly on-call rotation
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Diploma)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience performing fire sprinkler inspection, testing and maintenance service and/or installation
- Willingness to learn or ability to read and comprehend appropriate NFPA 25, 20, 17, and 13 standards
- NICET 1 Certification — Inspection and Testing of Water Based Systems or willingness to obtain NICET 1 Certification within 18 months from start of employment
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.