The Standard Products Service Technician is responsible for servicing and maintaining fire protection equipment to include portable fire extinguishers, pre-engineered fire suppression systems, emergency lighting and fire hoses in accordance with NFPA guidelines. This position is based in Reading.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Replace defective sections of hoses
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and servicing using hand tools and testing equipment
- Document deficiencies at customer level and notify appropriate persons responsible for non-compliance issues.
- Perform functional and operational tests on equipment.
- Inspect, repair and replace fire extinguishers and emergency lights.
- Complete and accurately record required information onto system inspection and field reports for administrative authorities and the company.
- Maintain company vehicles and appropriate inventory levels for jobs.
- Evaluate customer’s site for additional equipment and services that customer may require.
- Work in compliance with the company’s safety manual with safety of self and other in mind at all times.
- Perform on-site emergency troubleshooting of pre-engineered suppression system.
The above duties are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.