The Standard Products Service Technician is responsible for servicing and maintaining fire protection equipment to include portable fire extinguishers, pre-engineered fire suppression systems, emergency lighting and fire hoses in accordance with NFPA guidelines. This position is based in West Chester.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Replace defective sections of hoses
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and servicing using hand tools and testing equipment
- Document deficiencies at customer level and notify appropriate persons responsible for non-compliance issues.
- Perform functional and operational tests on equipment.
- Inspect, repair and replace fire extinguishers and emergency lights.
- Complete and accurately record required information onto system inspection and field reports for administrative authorities and the company.
- Maintain company vehicles and appropriate inventory levels for jobs.
- Evaluate customer’s site for additional equipment and services that customer may require.
- Work in compliance with the company’s safety manual with safety of self and other in mind at all times.
- Perform on-site emergency troubleshooting of pre-engineered suppression system.
Job Type: Full-time