Responsible for installing, servicing and repairing fire alarm and fire suppression systems per NFPA guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspection on fire alarm and fire suppression systems.
- Complete inspection reports and notifies appropriate customer/AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) about unsatisfactory conditions
- Knowledge of low voltage and the ability to troubleshoot and solve electrical Problems.
- Test, repair or replace worn or defective parts that are associated with fire alarm and fire suppression systems
- Test, repair or replace cylinders as necessary due to discharges, hydrotesting or periodic maintenance
- Evaluate customers site for additional equipment and services that customer may require or that Kistler O’Brien Fire Protection may provide
- Work in compliance with the company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- Maintain company vehicles and appropriate inventory levels for jobs
The above duties are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
To perform the work successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Functional / Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Decision-Making Skills – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure, able to make a quick decision.
Listening Skills – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance / Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at scheduled appointments on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- NICET Level 1 Certification within 2 years of hire
- Valid Driver’s License in state of residence; clear of any major infractures for a 3-year period.
- High Lift Certification within one year of hire.
- Confined Space Certification within one year of hire.
- OSHA 10 Certification.
- Maintain company selected manufacturer’s trainings.
- Maintain state and/or municipality licensing as required.
Pre-Employment / Employment Requirements:
- Clear PA Criminal Record Check (ACT 34)
- Clear Federal Criminal History Check (ACT 114)
- Clear Child Abuse History Clearance (ACT 151)
- Approved Drug & Alcohol Screen Results
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, including electric and battery powered equipment.
- Comfortable with heights and working on ladders or lifts.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to read and comprehend appropriate NFPA standards.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, overtime and an on-call rotation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance (ladders); stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, step up ,step down (van) and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Employee must be able to lift up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.