Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review incoming jobs to determine pick order and purchase process
- Responsible for communication to all necessary management staff on job status
- Communicate with management if parts are not available
- Review status reports and modify schedules or plans as required
- Prepare reports on job status
- Pick parts for job as needed
- Ensures compliance with company safety standards.
- Enter purchase orders
- Track shipments
- Expedite open purchase orders
- Monitor company inventory levels to understand purchasing needs and schedule orders
- Review and maintain MIN/MAX levels
- Develop and implement recommendations for supply chain management optimization
- Conduct product and service quality appraisals
- Assess products, services, and vendors
- Maintain Supplier report card
- Negotiate contracts, pricing, and sourcing details with vendors
- Verify purchases with the master list and assess for cost savings
- The above duties are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two to three years of Purchasing or Buyer experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to use computers and desktop applications.
- Full Time
As the Authority in Fire Prevention, Kistler O’Brien Fire Protection understands the importance of a job well done and recognizes that without dedicated employees, our customers would experience devastating consequences. We know our work matters, and we are searching for individuals who want to be part of something bigger. We want individuals who take pride in their work, can leave the workday feeling a sense of accomplishment, and appreciate being part of the KOB Team. We are a forward-thinking, family-friendly company willing to train on the job and promote from within. Your future is what you make it here – there really is no limit and every employee has a voice to be heard.
We understand the critical role that employee benefits play in the job market, specifically, your decision-making process. Here at Kistler O’Brien Fire Protection, you are offered a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision, with paid time off, sick days and paid holidays. You can also plan for your future with life insurance, disability, and a company-matched 401K Plan