Fire Suppression Sales Representative Northern New Jersey
The Fire Suppression Sales Representative is responsible for identifying, promoting and selling industrial and commercial fire protection equipment. Provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively seek out and engage customer prospects.
- Creates, delivers, and presents approved proposals to new customers.
- Identifies new opportunities with the ability to close contracts.
- Maintains all proposal documentation with accurate pricing and configurations.
- Ability to establish contact with new customers by conducting sales calls (cold calling), and lead follow up.
- Manage and deploy new customer accounts by acting as a liaison between the customer and service manager.
- Conduct field site surveys and interviews with clients.
- Develop, represent and execute marketing strategies to include but not limited to seminars, trade shows, local organizations and networking events.
- Troubleshoots and addresses client concerns. Expedites resolutions to maximize customer satisfaction
- Monitors and remains up-to-date with the territory, industry standards and trends.
- Promote additional company product lines to end users.
- Develops and maintain technical competency of departmental products and services.
- Identifies decision maker buying influences, budgets and purchasing criteria.
- Develop relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure efficient and effective customer satisfaction.
- Achieves annual quotas.
- Allocates time effectively with the goals of meeting or exceeding targets.
- Maintains regular customer contact in pursuit of follow on sales.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, local and departmental regulations.
The above duties are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
To perform the work successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Focus – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Negotiation Skills – knows when to compromise, listens to the needs of others, establishes trust to build relationships, overcomes objections and identifies common ground. Establishes agreement that is acceptable to both sides.
Oral & Written Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Sales Savvy – Ability to identify opportunities, overcome objections and maintain positive professional relationships.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Change/Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Meets deadlines.
Pre-Employment/ Employment Requirements:
- Clear PA Criminal Record Check (ACT 34)
- Clear Federal Criminal History Check (ACT 114)
- Clear Child Abuse History Clearance (ACT 151)
- Clear Driver Check
- Approved Drug & Alcohol Screen Results
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and comprehend appropriate NFPA standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may occasionally be required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be occasionally exposed to wet/humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold, heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver’s License in state of residence; clear of any major offenses for a 3-year period. Maintain company selected manufacturer’s trainings.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR YOUR FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS
2210 City Line Road
Bethlehem, PA 18017
MON - FRI: 7:30AM - 4:30PM
101 Blair Avenue
READING, PA 19601
MON - FRI: 7:30AM - 4:30PM
210 Carter Drive, Unit 5A
west chester, pa 19382
MON - FRI: 7:30AM - 4:30PM